Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Being gay is not an emergency"

"Being gay is not an emergency"

When I saw this posted on SSML, I laughed then realized up till that moment I had believed that it was.

When I was 12 years old, I believed if I was gay I would morph into something less than human. But I had no excuse for still believing being gay was an emergency at 52.

After all,being gay is no different than being straight in all ways that really matter, right? It's just about the gender you relate to best.

So why was I still thinking it when obviously I knew better.

Then I realized this was just another dumb belief I grew up with about HOMOSEXUALITY that was totally false but I had never questioned.

That is until I saw that post on SSML.

"Being gay is not an emergency"

Pass it on.

1 comment:

Kengo Biddles said...

I love that quote.

And I love the underlying logic. Thanks for posting it!